Monday, February 1, 2010

Monday's Activities w/Dad and Mom

Today after breakfast, we headed out to try a new coffee roaster in Gilbert. Bergie's Coffee Roast House opened last year. My coffee vendor at work is putting in a new coffee machine. Nobody at work liked the first coffee, so they switched us to Dunken Donut's. Dunken Donut's turned out to be a "bust" as well, so now they are putting in a machine that will grind the coffee as it is ordered and then dispenses it thru a "french like press". I thought that we would try it this morning, so Mom and I had iced mochas and Dad had black coffee. I also bought 1# of Espresso beans.

After coffee, we headed to Scrapbooks, Etc. What a fun store that is! That store has everything imagineable for scrapbooking and card making. They have even added some fabric as well. Of course, we didn't leave empty handed! Dad sat very patiently in the car reading the Sports Illustrated while we were browsing. I think that we browsed for an hour. Anyway, the next stop was all about Dad. I got him to the mall for Lagerfeld cologne. It can't be found at department stores anymore, so he has bought for the past couple of years at Perfumania.

By this time, it was 1pm so we went and had lunch at Serrano's, our hometown "authentic" Mexican restaurant. Very good as usual!



After lunch, we headed to Tempe for Quilter's Ranch and Zoe's Trunk. Mom found some more fabric and I bought some magnetic clasps for some purses that I plan to make "some day"! I promised Dad a Caramel Frappacino at Starbuck's if he behaved while we were in the fabric shops so that was our last stop before heading home. Tomorrow is another day!

No comments: