Monday, May 31, 2010

Hagop and Angela's Memorial Weekend Wedding

Saturday, Phil and I went to Jerry and Nadia's son Hagop's wedding. Jerry and Nadia are from Iraq but left some 20 years ago. They are part of a very close Armenian community out here. Many people at the wedding looked very familiar from other Armenian events that we've attended with them over the years. The wedding was in many ways very traditional but also very American. The wedding took place at the Armenian church and cultural center and most of the mass was done in Armenian. The reception was held at the Antiochian Orthodox reception center. My pics are a bit worse than normal. Missy took my camera to the Grand Canyon this weekend, so I took my pics with my cell phone.

The reception was done very nicely and upscale. There were lots of Armenian appetizers to try at all of the tables. Waiters also brought plenty of non-Armenian appetizers around as well. Dinner was steak or chicken breast.

Best Wishes go out to Hagop and Angela!








1 comment:

G'G'ma said...

Looks like a very nice wedding. I'm sure it was fun trying all the different foods. You did pretty good with your phone!!